Friday, July 27, 2007

This being my first blog on the new sight, and readers of my old blog expecting something a little right of centre, I thought I'd start out - in the spirit of fairness - by conceding a topic to the left. The problem was of course finding a workable left-wing argument. It wasn't easy, but after reading about Fox New's latest coverage of Michael Moore's new documentary 'Sicko', I knew I'd hit the jackpot.

I might start by assuring you all that - despite the best of intentions - Michael Moore has the brain capacity of a 14 year old suffering from chronic alcoholism. However, Fox New's response to his call for a fully funded public health system in the US certainly gives him a run for his money. Fox's Jerry Bowyer has responded to Moore by identifying public health as - you guessed it - a terrorism risk. Yes, don't re-read that sentence, you got it right the first time. A terrorism risk.

As evidence, well, Bowyer didn't seem to have much. All I can ask is for you to please not consider him - or the Republican Party for that matter - as representative of the right.

This one I dedicate to all you trendy lefties out their about to submit yourself to two hours of contempuous dribble when you watch Sicko. But don't let it go to your head - watching Michael Moore causes cancer.

No comments: